Dance School Etiquette
- All street shoes must be left at the top of the stairs before entering the dance school. Street shoes in the change room or waiting area make it dirty for dancers to walk in with their dance shoes which leads to a dirty and damaged floor in the studio. Students, parents, family members and caregivers, please respect this request.
- All of the student’s belongings should be marked with the student’s name.
- Please make use of the cubbies in the change room and do not leave belongings scattered in the change room or waiting area.
- Students are required to pick up after themselves and leave the change room, waiting area, dance studios and washrooms neat and tidy. Students may eat snacks in the change room provided they are nut free.
- Male students, siblings or parents are not allowed in the change room at any time.
- Do not leave valuables in the change room or waiting area – we cannot be responsible for personal items left unattended.
- Students should arrive and be ready to dance at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class time.
- The change room and waiting area are not supervised by a representative of SSOD. Parents should not leave children under age 8 unattended at any time.
- If a student is unable to attend class, please call the dance school (416-767-2842) or email email@example.com to let the teacher know the student will be absent. There are no make up classes or refunds for missed classes – students may come to a class of the same level on another day.