Code of Conduct
At Swansea School of Dance, we strive to ensure that every dancer will dance, create and perform in an environment that is respectful, inspiring and nurturing.
All dancers must arrive for class prepared to dance.
- hair pulled back off the face and neck (in a bun for ballet, in a ponytail for all other classes);
- dressed according to the SSOD Dress Code;
- no jewelry, and no gum allowed.
Please note that dancers who do not come prepared will have to sit and watch class.
Dancers are expected to:
- be prompt for class and prepared to dance at least 5-10 minutes before class time;
- listen when the teacher speaks;
- never hang or lean on the barres;
- finish every exercise, and always do their best.
Please respect our school:
- leave food in the change room and ensuring all snacks are nut free;
- wait quietly in the change room, waiting area or studio;
- put garbage in its proper place and leave all areas tidy;
- always keep belongings zipped in a dance bag or neatly stowed in a cubby.
Parents have a big impact on their child’s experience:
- drop off and pick up promptly;
- knock before entering the classroom if class is in progress;
- stand away from the window if students are being distracted;
- make sure your child has visited the bathroom before entering class;
- let us know in advance of an absence by phone or email;
- make arrangements with your child’s teacher to make up missed classes;
- ensure your children do not run or behave boisterously in the studio and waiting area;
- clearly label all of your child’s items with their name.